Pretty raspberry jam peeks out from buttery shortbread cookies for a festive treat. Make them throughout the year with different cookie cutter shapes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extracts until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. From the center of half the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2 in. shape. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over the bottoms of the solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place over cookies with jam. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p137
Reviews for Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2013
"I love these cookies! The dough is easy to work with and they're delicious. Every time I make them, they are a hit. I've become famous for these at Christmastime."