Raspberry Royal Pie Recipe
Raspberry Royal Piethe producer group's "signature pie"showcases the jewel-tones fruit. Its shortbread type crust is a change of pace, and pecans pair nicely with the berries.
- 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Meanwhile, drain the raspberries, reserving syrup; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water and raspberry syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and fold in berries. Pour into the crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Royal Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p13
Reviews for Raspberry Royal Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >