Raspberry Roast Pork Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1. Place raspberries in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar and mash. Let stand for 15 minutes; mash again. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, apple juice, vinegar, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 3. Combine the salt, pepper and remaining sage; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Spread with 1/2 cup raspberry sauce.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, reheat the remaining raspberry sauce; serve with pork. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Roast Pork
"Can these ingredients be placed in a slow cooker for 4-5 hours, instead of the oven?"