- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- Place raspberries in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar and mash. Let stand for 15 minutes; mash again. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, apple juice, vinegar, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Combine the salt, pepper and remaining sage; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Spread with 1/2 cup raspberry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, reheat the remaining raspberry sauce; serve with pork. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Raspberry Roast Pork(5)
Sort By :
I have cooked pork roasts that were four pounds and started off frozen in a slow cooker. Perfect temperature every time. Way over what the minimum temp required even.
A question: I am always leery of cooking pork in a slow cooker. Does the pork internal temps get high enough to keep meat safe????
This recipe as written would glaze the meat. If you put it in the slow cooker you would infuse the meat with flavor, and then could use the corn starch slurry to thicken the gravy it will make. You might want to pan brown the pork first to sear in juices.
Can these ingredients be placed in a slow cooker for 4-5 hours, instead of the oven?
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >