Raspberry Ribbons Recipe
"I make these attractive, buttery cookies to serve at our remote guest lodge, and all the girls in the kitchen are addicted to them!" writes Patsy Wolfenden of Golden, British Columbia.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 3. Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 cookies equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC