- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Ribbons
Sort By :
I've made these cookies to give in gift boxes every Christmas for the last 5 years. They are so quick, easy, beautiful and delicious! Recently I found myself with only whole wheat flour on hand. Fearing the cookies would be too dry, I melted the butter instead of just softening it, and after adding the filling, baked for 10 minutes instead of my customary 12. The cookies turned out great. I've used a variety of fillings too - cherry, loganberry, strawberry, etc. It's great to have such a reliable recipe to pull out when you need a special treat.
Beautiful cookies for any time of year. I made them for my Christmas tree decorating party. My little one said Santa sure would love em too! It's true, They are delicious and pretty. I had a tough time at first shaping the dough but figured it out. Worth the effort for a new recipe to WOW my familiy and friends.
I absolutely love these, I've made them numerous times and always are delicious.
These cookies are amazing! I would make them again with or without any type of filling.
I have made these every Christmas for last six years and friends and family LOVE it! It definitely makes the list of cookies to bake every Christmas.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >