- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Ribbons
Sort By :
"I've made these cookies to give in gift boxes every Christmas for the last 5 years. They are so quick, easy, beautiful and delicious! Recently I found myself with only whole wheat flour on hand. Fearing the cookies would be too dry, I melted the butter instead of just softening it, and after adding the filling, baked for 10 minutes instead of my customary 12. The cookies turned out great. I've used a variety of fillings too - cherry, loganberry, strawberry, etc. It's great to have such a reliable recipe to pull out when you need a special treat."
"Beautiful cookies for any time of year. I made them for my Christmas tree decorating party. My little one said Santa sure would love em too! It's true, They are delicious and pretty. I had a tough time at first shaping the dough but figured it out. Worth the effort for a new recipe to WOW my familiy and friends."
"I absolutely love these, I've made them numerous times and always are delicious."
"These cookies are amazing! I would make them again with or without any type of filling."
"I have made these every Christmas for last six years and friends and family LOVE it! It definitely makes the list of cookies to bake every Christmas."