Raspberry Ribbon Pie Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for deep-dish single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Fold in cream. Spread half into pie shell. Chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve gelatin in water; add lemon juice and raspberries. Carefully spoon half over cream cheese layer. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Set aside the remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature. Carefully spread remaining cream cheese mixture over top of pie. Chill for 30 minutes. Top with remaining gelatin. Chill until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Ribbon Pie(6)
Sort By :
Absolutely wonderful. We have made it for several yrs. My brother in law told my mother in law that it was the best pie she ever made.
I have made this pie for years. In fact, the first time was after I had eaten it somewhere I decided to recreate it myself. My ingredients were very much the same as these. I do prefer the pastry crust to a cookie or graham cracker. They're too sweet in my opinion. The downside of putting this pie together is spreading on the second cream layer. Could be very messy. To solve that problem, I now put the second half of the cream cheese layer into a baggie, cut off one corner and pipe the mixture. Then it's easy to smooth out before adding the last of the raspberry mixture. So-o-o delicious!
Are you able to substitute with strawberries and strawberry jello?
This recipe has been in our family for 3 generations. It's what my grown daughters ask for as their birthday dessert. Don't substitute whipped topping for the cream layer, it's not as good.
This was very good; however, I used a deep dish pie crust and all the ingrediants would not fit into it.