Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; press into bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process raspberries until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until blended. Stir in cream.
- 5. Pour half into crust. Top with 3/4 cup raspberry sauce (cover and refrigerate remaining sauce). Carefully spoon remaining filling over sauce.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- 7. Refrigerate overnight. Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce; gently fold in raspberries. Spoon over cheesecake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 286 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake
"Fantastic! I'm not big on chocolate and fruit together so subbed vanilla wafer crumbs for the crust."
"Love this Cheesecake! Always get request to make it at get togethers! Looks beautiful too! Thanks for sharing!"
"The Best Cheesecake Ever. made it with the raspberry ribbon and not....both ways are good."
"Can this be frozen?"
"I've made this twice now and it was a huge hit both times! Both groups of friends said it was the best cheesecake they had ever eaten!!!"
"One of my most requested cheesecakes.... a true winner and I wouldn't change a thing about it :)"
"Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake is a winner recipe indeed! I made this for a ladies' dessert contest and won 1st place for my age group! Thank you taste of home!"
"I wanted to let everyone know that this is a winner indeed! I entered this in a dessert contest and won! Thank you taste of home!When I was practicing before the contest, I used strawberries instead of raspberries since that's what we had on hand. It tasted great that way too."
"This is an all day recipe, but is absolutely delicious. I put strawberries in it in place of the rasberries. It was my first cheesecake to make."
"Absolutely delicious. One of the cheesecakes I make the most."
"I substituted strawberries for the Raspberry's. The family loved it and would make it again."
"This is a bit of a time-consuming recipe to make - but it is worth it! The cheescake part is creamy and the berry flavor compliments the chocolate of the wafers wonderfully."
"I made this for my co-workers and it was a great success. The cheesecake portion is very creamy and good."
"This was a GREAT recipe. I added a tablespoon of lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture and used mixed berries...it was a huge success!"
"This was the absolutely best cheesecake I have ever made. I think that it should be rated 5 stars. I have made it at least five times. It is my all time favorite!"
"This is THE best cheesecake. I have made it several times always to great reviews. In addition to tasting great, it's very impressive to look at."