Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 6 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. Place rhubarb in a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin; pour over rhubarb. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Serve warm or chilled over frozen yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
3 tablespoon: 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk