Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce
Field editor Inge Schermerhorn of Kingston, New Hampshire serves this tart, ruby red sauce over ice cream or cake for a colorful and refreshing dessert. It also perks up a stack of pancakes for breakfast.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 6 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Place rhubarb in a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and
- gelatin; pour over rhubarb. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm or chilled over frozen yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons sauce with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.