Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
Field editor Inge Schermerhorn of Kingston, New Hampshire serves this tart, ruby red sauce over ice cream or cake for a colorful and refreshing dessert. It also perks up a stack of pancakes for breakfast.
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 6 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. Place rhubarb in a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin; pour over rhubarb. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Serve warm or chilled over frozen yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
3 tablespoon: 108 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC