Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 6 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. Place rhubarb in a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin; pour over rhubarb. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Serve warm or chilled over frozen yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
3 tablespoons sauce with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.