Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
Field editor Inge Schermerhorn of Kingston, New Hampshire serves this tart, ruby red sauce over ice cream or cake for a colorful and refreshing dessert. It also perks up a stack of pancakes for breakfast.
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 6 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Place rhubarb in a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin; pour over rhubarb. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm or chilled over frozen yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p47
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >