Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
Joy Allred, Heber City, Utah
6-8 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt and cinnamon. Add
- rhubarb and raspberries; toss gently. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with
- edge. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining
- pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover
- edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning
- if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 415 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.