Raspberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and raspberries; toss gently. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 415 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
"Absolutely delicious!!! My children even asked me if there was more the next day for breakfast! I have made it 3 times in the past month and never had a crumb left!"
"My husband loved it, I had to make it the following weekend too."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.