- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and raspberries; toss gently. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Rhubarb Pie in Birds & Blooms April/May 2001, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
My husband loved it, I had to make it the following weekend too.