Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
I love making and enjoying this jam, but I usually end up giving most of it away! It's always a well-received gift.
48 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- Combine rhubarb and sugar in a saucepan; cover and let stand
- The next day, simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender, about 30
- minutes. Meanwhile, rinse three 2-cup plastic containers and lids
- with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin and pie filling into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a
- boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of
- containers; immediately cover with lids.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.Thaw frozen jam in
- refrigerator before serving. Yield: 3 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.