Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
I love making and enjoying this jam, but I usually end up giving most of it away! It's always a well-received gift.
48 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; cover and refrigerate
- Place saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling
- water. Dry thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin and pie filling into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a
- boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of
- containers; immediately cover with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks
- or freeze up to 1 year.Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before
- serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.