I love making and enjoying this jam, but I usually end up giving most of it away! It's always a well-received gift. —LaVonne Van Hoff, Rockwell City, Iowa
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Meanwhile, rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin and pie filling into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Rhubarb Jam in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p93
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"This is the first time I have ever made jam, and it was easy. It reminds me of the jam my grandma made when I was a little girl. It turned out great!"
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2011
"A friend told me about this recipeonly she uses Strawberry instead ofRaspberry and said it's great makes itall the time"