I love making and enjoying this jam, but I usually end up giving most of it away! It's always a well-received gift. —LaVonne Van Hoff, Rockwell City, Iowa
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Meanwhile, rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin and pie filling into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Rhubarb Jam in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p93
Reviews for Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"This is the first time I have ever made jam, and it was easy. It reminds me of the jam my grandma made when I was a little girl. It turned out great!"
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2011
"A friend told me about this recipeonly she uses Strawberry instead ofRaspberry and said it's great makes itall the time"