This drink is a super change of pace from iced tea or punch. My aunt gave me this recipe when our children were little. Now they're all adults, but we still enjoy this pretty beverage when we get together.—Doreen Patterson, Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a large saucepan, crush the berries. Stir in sugar, vinegar and
- 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 20 minutes. Strain to remove seeds; refrigerate. Just before serving
- stir in ginger ale and remaining water. Serve over ice. Yield: 14
- servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 169 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.