- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim even with rim. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove foil and weights; brush bottom of crust with egg white. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread jam over bottom of crust. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, egg yolk, cocoa and food coloring. Fold in ground almonds. Spread over jam.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, water and extract until smooth; drizzle or pipe over tart. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Red Bakewell Tart
"I'm giving it 5 stars because it's beautiful, but please tell me why we need 2 and a half cups of powdered sugar to draw that snowflake design on top. I have to think it's overkill, and if that's counted in the carbs and sugars...I'd like to make it, though!"
"Oh, this was exquisite!"