The yummy recipe for Pears with Raspberry Sauce was shared by Constance Rak of Westlake, Ohio. "This dish came about when I was expecting company and wanted to make a light pretty dessert with items that I already had on hand," she recalls. "My guests really enjoyed it. I now make it as often as I can--new audience, same dessert, everybody loves it!"
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 medium firm pears
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain, reserving juice; set aside. Discard seeds. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the grape juice, sugar and lemon juice to a boil; add pears. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender; drain.
- For each serving, spoon raspberry sauce on plate, then top with a pear. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p20
Reviews for Raspberry Puree
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"This is so delicious. I've made it several times & it's a hit with family and friends. The presentation is also awsome. I serve it with a scoop of ice cream. You can also use mixed berries with superb results."