Raspberry Puree Recipe
The yummy recipe for Pears with Raspberry Sauce was shared by Constance Rak of Westlake, Ohio. "This dish came about when I was expecting company and wanted to make a light pretty dessert with items that I already had on hand," she recalls. "My guests really enjoyed it. I now make it as often as I can--new audience, same dessert, everybody loves it!"
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 medium firm pears
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain, reserving juice; set aside. Discard seeds. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the grape juice, sugar and lemon juice to a boil; add pears. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender; drain.
- For each serving, spoon raspberry sauce on plate, then top with a pear. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p20
Reviews for Raspberry Puree
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"This is so delicious. I've made it several times & it's a hit with family and friends. The presentation is also awsome. I serve it with a scoop of ice cream. You can also use mixed berries with superb results."