- 1 head iceberg lettuce -- torn in bite sized pieces.
- 1 med. red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 med. yellow bell pepper -- chopped
- 2 green onions -- chopped (2 to 3)
- Toss together in a large salad bowl. Just before serving toss in:
- 1 small can of rice noodles (in Asian section of grocery store)
- 4 oz. sunflower seeds
- 4 oz. sugared almonds (see recipe below)
- Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly (see recipe below)
- SUGARED ALMONDS:
- 2 T. margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz. sliced almonds
- Melt butter in small pan over med. heat. Add sugar and almonds, and toss to coat. Continue stirring until sugar is melted and almonds begin to
- lightly brown. Remove from heat immediately and spread on a cookie sheet
- to cool.
- Shake in a small jar:
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 3 T. rice vinegar (can be found in Asian section of grocery store) Yield: serves 6
Reviews for Crunch Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review