Raspberry Pork Chops
These fruity chops look a little fancy, yet they're quite simple to prepare. My family can't eat just one, so I often double the recipe.
Barbara Workman, What Cheer, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Coat pork chops with flour and shake off excess. In a large skillet,
- brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pour lemon juice
- over chops. Combine the jam, salt, ginger and pepper; spread over
- chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until chops
- are tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.