Raspberry Pork Chops
Fixed fast in a skillet, these tender chops are great for everyday or special occasions.Janette Hutchings, Festus, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides over medium heat
- in oil. Stir in the vinegar, jam and mustard. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook until liquid
- is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork chops.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce prepared with reduced-sugar jam equals 266 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.