Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
"I simply love this creamy, fresh-tasting dressing! It’s so quick to assemble and adds a summery gourmet touch when drizzled over a salad. I often serve it with lettuce or fresh spinach tossed with sliced strawberries and sugared almonds," suggests Kendra Stoller in Kouts, Indiana.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard. While
- processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add raspberries;
- cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve
- immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 161 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.