Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add raspberries; cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 161 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
"Made this for Easter, and everyone loved it. Had it over romaine lettuce with strawberries, blueberries, red onion, and sugar coated pecans!"
"Just the raspberry dressing I was looking for."
"This recipe was very good."
"I did like this dressing. Not sure about how I felt about it being pink though when I was mixing it up. It tasted really good, I used it on a strawberry spinach salad."
"Tried it two ways. Loved it and if you use splenda, it's just as good.People that haven't tried it shouldn't be reviewing it because everybody doesn't worry about all fat, just the bad fat! My family has to worry more about carbs. This is great!!"
"Have to agree with luhorn, way too many calories and fat grams."
"Adust calories by using creme fraiche or thick (drained) yogurt in place of half the oil. Then, Luhorn, you might like the taste. I know what you mean about the calories!"
"Seriously???? 161 calories for 2 TBS of salad dressing? I won't even be attempting to make this."
"Raspberry poppy seed dressing is simple and easy to make. My family simply loves it and we use it on whatever salad we want. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."