Raspberry Plum Jam
The thing I like best about this jam is the way the plums stretch the flavor of the raspberries. I make it when plums are in season, and we enjoy it all winter long on toast or homemade bread.
For a few years, my husband and I had a small acreage with chickens, rabbits and sheep. Although we now live in town, our hearts still belong in the country! We have six children—three of them grow
96 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pitted fresh plums (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 10 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the plums, raspberries, sugar and lemon
- juice. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot pint
- jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust
- headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center
- lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 6 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium,