- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, combine the flour, oats and salt. While processing, slowly drizzle in oil. Gradually add water until a ball forms. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; invert dough into a 9-in. pie plate. Remove remaining waxed paper.
- Trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, heat water over medium heat. Whisk in pudding mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Whisk in gelatin until completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Pie with Oat Crust
"A Sugar-free pie, how yummy. My husband enjoyed it too."
"Loved this sugar free pie. I doubled the recipe and made two pies. The crust was especially good and flaky."
"Excellent! My family just loved it! You couldn't tell it was sugar-free, and it was perfect to serve on a hot, humid day."
"One of the best pies I've ever had."
"I forgot to rate it! Also, is there a way to make the oatmeal crust w/o a food processor? sounds tasty"
"I found the SF cook-n-serve pudding at a Walmart superstore. Since I don't have a food processor, I used a graham cracker crust and used fresh strawberries w/SF strawberry Jello. My diabetic husband raved over it!"
"I made this last week for my husband and he loved it"
"Awesome One of the best recipes I have found for a diabetics desert."
"GREAT pie! I used strawberries and it was a great hit at my workplace. I am going to be making this many times this summer. The crust is great also. I am going to use that with other types of pies."
"Excellent pie. Mine looked exactly like the picture. Couldn't find sugar free cook and serve so used instant, deducting 1/4 cup water from pudding to heat and dissolve my jello. Everyone loved the crust. Fabulous!"