Raspberry Pie with Oat Crust Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, oats and salt. While processing, slowly drizzle in oil. Gradually add water until a ball forms. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; invert dough into a 9-in. pie plate. Remove remaining waxed paper.
- 2. Trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, heat water over medium heat. Whisk in pudding mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Whisk in gelatin until completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 piece) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.