Raspberry-Pecan Mini Loaves Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raspberries.
- 2. Transfer to six greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 6 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Raspberry-Pecan Mini Loaves
"I made this as a large single loaf and baked it about 10-15 minutes longer. Just wonderful, especially with a little sugar free blackberry jam on it!"
"I think cranberries would be great! Give it a try and let us know. Cranberries and pecans... Invite me over!!!"
"I didn't make this recipe yet but have a question. How do you think cranberries would be instead of raspberries? Have to use them up."
"Scrumptious! I just baked a batch and tried some--REALLY delicious. I subbed whole wheat for 1/2 the flour and used brown sugar Splenda blend in place of the sugar. I think I also used a little more than 1 cup each of the pecans and raspberries (I used fresh). The miniloaf pans I used were 3 x 5, and the recipe made 5 loaves, and next time I'd probably just make 4 so they're each a bit bigger."