Raspberry-Pecan Mini Loaves Recipe
Dotted with raspberries and pecans, these moist loaves make lovely Christmas treats. The recipe yields six, so you'll have plenty to share. —Kathleen Showalter, Shoreline, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raspberries.
- 2. Transfer to six greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 6 mini loaves (6 slices each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC