Raspberry Pear Shortcake Recipe
This dessert is a nice change of pace from traditional strawberry shortcake. Because the recipe calls for canned pears and either fresh or frozen raspberries, you can make it year-round.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- Whipped topping
- 1. Place the raspberries in a large bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over raspberries and mash lightly. Let stand for 10 minutes. Place a pear half on each sponge cake. Top with the raspberries and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Pear Shortcake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC