This dessert is a nice change of pace from traditional strawberry shortcake. Because the recipe calls for canned pears and either fresh or frozen raspberries, you can make it year-round.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- Whipped topping
- Place the raspberries in a large bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over raspberries and mash lightly. Let stand for 10 minutes. Place a pear half on each sponge cake. Top with the raspberries and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Pear Shortcake in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Pear Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review