Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces Cambozola cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small heavy skillet over low heat, stir honey and sugar until sugar is melted; add walnuts. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, raspberries, cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 150 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts
"I'm making this recipe for the third time. It is a nice variation of sweet and tart favors. I g"
"Too simple, TOO GOOD FOR JUST WORDS!"