Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts Recipe
The sweet and tart tastes of this spectacular salad both surprise and please the palate. A raspberry vinaigrette ties everything together.—Diana Neves, Lafayette, California
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces Cambozola cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small heavy skillet over low heat, stir honey and sugar until sugar is melted; add walnuts. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, raspberries, cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 150 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC