The sweet and tart tastes of this spectacular salad both surprise and please the palate. A raspberry vinaigrette ties everything together.—Diana Neves, Lafayette, California
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces Cambozola cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small heavy skillet over low heat, stir honey and sugar until sugar is melted; add walnuts. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, raspberries, cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p30
Reviews for Raspberry Pear Salad with Glazed Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2013
"I'm making this recipe for the third time. It is a nice variation of sweet and tart favors. I g"
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2012
"Too simple, TOO GOOD FOR JUST WORDS!"