Raspberry Pear Crisp
"If you want a change of pace from the usual pie or cake, give this honey of a desert a try," suggests field editor Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "This dessert is tart, crispy and just plain good."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place pears in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with raspberries and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, honey, margarine, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. Sprinkle over raspberries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are
- tender and mixture is bubbly.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 151 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.