Raspberry Peach Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Roll out pastry to fit in a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar and juice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust.
- 5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 333 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Peach Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.