- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Roll out pastry to fit in a 9-in. pie plate.
- Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar and juice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Peach Pie
"My grandma made this recipe for years -- only difference was only one cup of sugar plus 3 Tablespoons of dry peach jello. Yummy!"
"I made this pie last summer and I wish I would have made several more! It was easy to put together and was just the right combination of sweet and tart. I can't wait until peaches come into season this year so I can make it again. I haven't tried using frozen peaches but I really don't think it would come out as good. It is definitely a keeper in my family."