Raspberry Peach Jam
While my jam won a first-place pink ribbon at our local county fair, that may not be the highest compliment it's received. Two girlfriends that I share it with tell me if they don't hide the jam from their husbands and children, they'll devour an entire jarful at just a sitting! —Patricia Larsen, Leslieville, Alberta
80 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Process: 15 min.
- 2-2/3 cups finely chopped peeled peaches
- 1-1/2 cups crushed raspberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cook over low heat,
- stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is
- bubbly, about 10 minutes. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 15
- minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.