Raspberry Peach Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries and peach pieces, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted chips; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in raspberries and peaches.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Top with fruit if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.