These easy cupcakes, which start with a cake mix, have an appealing combination of fresh fruit and white chocolate. The luscious lemon buttercream frosting adds a citrus tang to the sweet treats. My family loves them! —Arlene Kay Butler, Ogden, Utah
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries and peach pieces, optional
- In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted chips; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in raspberries and peaches.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Top with fruit if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Peach Cupcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Peach Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review