Raspberry Pastry Twists Recipe
Our Test Kitchen home economists give regular round cookies a tasty twist in this recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:32 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, optional
- Coarse sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. In another bowl, mix the flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread 3 tablespoons filling widthwise over half of the dough. Fold dough in half over filling. Cut widthwise into sixteen 1/2-in. strips. Twist each strip three times; pinch unfolded ends to seal.
- 3. Place on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. If desired, lightly brush tops with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC