- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, optional
- Coarse sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. In another bowl, mix the flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread 3 tablespoons filling widthwise over half of the dough. Fold dough in half over filling. Cut widthwise into sixteen 1/2-in. strips. Twist each strip three times; pinch unfolded ends to seal.
- Place on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. If desired, lightly brush tops with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Pastry Twists(4)
Sort By :
This recipe requires some tweaking, but I like that it isn't too sweet of a "cookie". I use Raspberry Jam for the filling, it doesn't ooze out like the pie filling and spreads better. I also add extra sugar but you have to be careful about consistency. I add a bit of extra butter and a dash of milk to keep it from being too flaky.
there is no taste to these cookies
I followed the recipe exactly and think I'm a pretty good baker, but I find the dough just crumbles and doesn't roll out well.
These look better than they taste. They are very bland. Too bad. :-( I really wanted these to work. You can't add more filling, it'll just ooze out.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >