Raspberry Pancakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda. (Add a pinch of salt if desired.) Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, butter and milk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- 3. Heat a griddle over moderately high heat; brush with additional melted butter. Drop scant 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle; cook for 1 minute or until bubbles form on top. Turn and cook 1 minute more. Serve with raspberry jam and sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 178 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Raspberry Pancakes
"This was delicious! All I had was frozen raspberries and greek yogurt, it turned out fantastic. Did the optional pinch of salt and the flavors are spot-on. A huge hit in my house. Because I had frozen raspberries, they broke up when I folded them in- a good thing I think, as the larger chunks added too much isolated liquid and made the lump cook unevenly. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I've eaten Karen's food before, and she is an excellent cook. These are definitely a treat. Now we just have to wait for raspberry season again! Thanks for sharing Karen."