Raspberry Orange Torte
Guests are sure to be dazzled by this super-moist dessert from our Test Kitchen that’s ideal for special occasions. A rich orange cream filling is spread between the cake layers for a luscious look and taste.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two
- greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Press sweetened raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. Set
- raspberry puree aside. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks
- form. In a large bowl, beat the Mascarpone cheese, sugar, orange
- juice and orange peel. Fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate. Brush with about 1/4 cup raspberry puree. Spread with
- about 1 cup cream mixture; top with 1/2 cup fresh raspberries.
- Repeat layers three times. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a