Raspberry-Orange Ice Cream Sandwiches
Our Test Kitchen uses orange to add a surprisingly fresh and fruity flavor to this elegant sorbet sandwich with white chocolate curls.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- White chocolate curls, optional
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches; stir in orange
- peel. Bake and cool according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in
- half widthwise. In a bowl, stir sorbet and raspberries together.
- Spread sorbet mixture over one brownie half. Turn over remaining
- brownie half; place over sorbet. Cover and freeze on a baking sheet
- 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip sides of ice cream
- sandwiches in chocolate curls if desired. Wrap in plastic wrap;
- freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.