Raspberry-Onion Jalapeno Chutney Recipe
Sweet raspberries and spicy jalapenos come together to create a chutney that tastes terrific on top of cream cheese or over grilled chicken.—Jo-Anne Cooper, Camrose, Alberta
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring the first 10 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in raspberries; heat through.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
1/4 cup: 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry-Onion Jalapeno Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC