Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Cake mix hurries along the prep work for these yummy bars. Raspberry jam adds a pop of color and sweetness, and oats lend a homey touch. —Trish Bosman-Golata, Rock Hill, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, stir preserves and water until blended. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC