- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir preserves and water until blended. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
"I. Made this exactly as the recipe said and they came out great!! I will definitely be making this again ,thank you for sharing"
"I used gluten free cake mix. It turned out really well. Great treat for myself."
"Made a double batch with half oil and half butter, and used one batch worth of preserves and one bag of defrosted frozen raspberries. Made in a 1/2 sheet pan with nonstick reynolds wrap for church. An hour in the fridge is necessary to get clean cuts."
"I've also made these with blueberry preserves and they were amazing!"
"Followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. The only thing I would recommend is to "pat down" the crumb mixture into the jam before putting back in the oven; this will allow the crumb mixture to adhere and thus avoid losing all that yummy flavor."