Raspberry Oat Bars Recipe
"These sweet, fruity bars are wonderful with hot coffee or cold milk for breakfast, a snack or afternoon break," says Mary Nourse, a small-fruit grower from Whatley, Massachusetts.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in raspberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, wheat flour, salt and vanilla. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Raspberry Oat Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC