- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in raspberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, wheat flour, salt and vanilla. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Oat Bars in Country Woman June/July 2008, p5
Reviews for Raspberry Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2015
"Best raspberry bar recipe by far! Great way to use use up the surplus of raspberries from my garden in the summer and just as good with frozen berries the rest of the year."