Raspberry Nut Pinwheels Recipe
I won first prize in a recipe contest with these yummy swirl cookies. The taste of raspberry and walnuts really comes through and they're so much fun to make!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove waxed paper. Spread dough with jam; sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC