Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
I won first prize in a recipe contest with these yummy swirl cookies. The taste of raspberry and walnuts really comes through and they're so much fun to make!
42 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add
- to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll out dough between waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove top
- piece of waxed paper. Spread dough with jam and sprinkle with nuts.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes or until
- edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium,