Raspberry Nut Pinwheels Recipe
I won first prize in a recipe contest with these yummy swirl cookies. The taste of raspberry and walnuts really comes through and they're so much fun to make!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll out dough between waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove top piece of waxed paper. Spread dough with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC