- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove waxed paper. Spread dough with jam; sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
Sort By :
"I have been baking cookies for many years and never had as much trouble as with this recipe. My dough was chilled but when putting it between the floured waxed paper, it still stuck to the paper and came apart. I must have done something wrong as these other reviews sound wonderful."
"I looooove these cookies. Cut them with dental floss to keep that nice round spiral."
"This is a rich, crisp and beautiful cookie! Followed directions exactly. Cutting the cookies very thin and using a ruler I was able to have 39 cookies. Although this recipe is a little time consuming it makes a very attractive cookie. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine my suggestion is to follow the directions exactly. This recipe will not disappoint."
"Good recipe. But it does not make 3 1/2 dozen. More like 1 1/2 dozen. Just a heads up"
"Tasty and impressive looking. Thank You."