- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove waxed paper. Spread dough with jam; sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
Sort By :
"This is a rich, crisp and beautiful cookie! Followed directions exactly. Cutting the cookies very thin and using a ruler I was able to have 39 cookies. Although this recipe is a little time consuming it makes a very attractive cookie. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine my suggestion is to follow the directions exactly. This recipe will not disappoint."
"Good recipe. But it does not make 3 1/2 dozen. More like 1 1/2 dozen. Just a heads up"
"Tasty and impressive looking. Thank You."
"I made this cookies for Thanksgiving and they were such a hit everyone requested them for Christmas too. I wound up making at least five batches over the holidays. Easy to make ahead and slice and bake when ready."
"I've made these cookies for the past three years (tomorrow will be the fourth) in a row and they are great! Really easy, and really good! Every year I'm asked if I will be making these!"