- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove waxed paper. Spread dough with jam; sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
Sort By :
"I looooove these cookies. Cut them with dental floss to keep that nice round spiral."
"This is a rich, crisp and beautiful cookie! Followed directions exactly. Cutting the cookies very thin and using a ruler I was able to have 39 cookies. Although this recipe is a little time consuming it makes a very attractive cookie. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine my suggestion is to follow the directions exactly. This recipe will not disappoint."
"Good recipe. But it does not make 3 1/2 dozen. More like 1 1/2 dozen. Just a heads up"
"Tasty and impressive looking. Thank You."
"I made this cookies for Thanksgiving and they were such a hit everyone requested them for Christmas too. I wound up making at least five batches over the holidays. Easy to make ahead and slice and bake when ready."