Raspberry Nut Bars Recipe
Raspberry jam adds sweetness to these pretty bars from Beth Ask of Ulster, Pennsylvania. She revised the original recipe to reduce fat and calories. The end result is a treat so delicious you'll never know it's good for you.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1/2 cup stick margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- 2. Spread half of the dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine jam and lemon juice; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Analysis: One bar equals 107 calories, 88 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC